Postnatal Support Package **$450**
- 2 x 3 hour sessions
- "Baby and Me" workbook
- Nurtured Mamas Program (12 months support: monthly group meetings, phone/email support, private Facebook group)
BABY & ME WORKBOOK
This workbook includes information on baby care, bonding, self-care and organisational strategies. With helpful tips, insightful worksheets and practical planning templates, you will feel confident, organised and supported in your parenting journey!
- Postpartum recovery
- Settling baby
- Changing nappies & dressing baby
- Swaddling and sleep strategies
- Baby wearing
- Bath time & Baby Massage
- Bonding with baby
- Newborn behaviour
- Self-care strategies
- Menu planner
- Support planner
- Birth reflection worksheet
- and much more!
Additional Visits **$200**
An additional 3 hour session
This service is for clients who have already booked the Postnatal Support Package and who require an additional session. Includes 3 hours of support.
What is a postnatal doula?
My purpose as a postnatal doula is to help you (and your partner) gain confidence in parenting, support bonding and provide emotional support. I have a particular focus on helping mamas to:
- gain self-help and self-care skills
- build a supportive network
- enhance bonding with their baby
- emotionally process the birth experience
- adjust to parenthood
Below are some of the tasks I can do to support :
- tidying and organising house
- preparing simple meals
- menu planning
- minding older children so mama can rest and/or focus on her newborn
- support for breastfeeding
- shopping and errands
- pampering e.g. foot soak, massage, pedicure, manicure
- parent education e.g. bathing baby, swaddling etc.
- sleep support e.g. look after baby while mama sleeps
- time management skills
- scheduling and rostering support
- company e.g. going for a walk with mama and baby, chatting generally etc.
I have a unique blend of skills which I utilise to help my clients. I have been a birth doula and childbirth educator since 2010. I completed Postnatal Doula training through Optimum Birth in 2012. I became a Hypnobirthing Australia practitioner in 2014. Prior to birthwork, I was a private music teacher (piano) and also completed training in a program called Kindermusik. Kindermusik is a special music and movement program for young children (0-7 years) and their parents. It supports learning and child development. I have a love for singing and strongly believe in the power of music to heal our souls. Don't worry - I won't make you sing if it's not your "thing". ;) But I do have a wealth of knowledge on how to use music as a tool for bonding with your children.
I also have four children aged 0 to 9! In addition to general knowledge as a mother, I have attended hundreds of hours of therapy and training for my older three children who have special needs (ASD). This has given me a very sound understanding of child development, behaviour and parenting strategies.
I have breastfed all four of my children and can provide basic breastfeeding support. If there is anything outside my scope of expertise, I will refer you to a lactation consultant. I also have advanced skills in relation to time management and organisational strategies which can be immensely helpful to a new parent! :)