Placenta Encapsulation **from $300**
I offer encapsulation using the Raw Method. This is where the placenta is
immediately prepared and dehydrated (without cooking or steaming) and then
ground to powder and placed in capsules. A very strict hygiene and handling
process is adhered to. TCM Method is also available.
Note: This service is primarily for mothers birthing at Campbelltown Hospital or home birthing in the Campbelltown/Macarthur area. I can also accept bookings from Liverpool Public Hospital and Sydney Southwest Private Hospital. If you are outside these areas, please contact me and I will refer you to a placenta encapsulation specialist closer to you. :)
A travel fee is charged if you are birthing or live further than 30 minutes from my home in Campbelltown.
$30 if pick up OR delivery is further than 30 mins
$50 if BOTH pick up and delivery is further than 30 mins
What's in your placenta?
Your placenta is rich in nutrients, including:
- Growth factors
- Stem cells
- Progesterone and estrogens
- Vitamin B6
- Vitamins A, D, E and K
- Vitamins C and B complex
Placenta Smoothie **$100**
This is an add-on service where I come and visit you soon after the birth to create your smoothie in the birthing suite. A small piece of placenta is used and combined with fresh fruit such as strawberries and bananas. This is blended together with water to create a delicious smoothie that can help you to feel energised and refreshed. A completely new blender is used for each client, which you keep afterwards.
Consuming your placenta after the birth may:
- assist in your recovery
- increase energy levels
- decrease chance of experiencing post partum depression
- increase milk supply
TCM Method is recommended if the mother experiences an infection during the birth.
On some occasions, it is not possible to encapsulate the placenta. For example,
- if the placenta is heavily
stained with meconium
- if the placenta has not been properly handled and stored after birth
- if the mother has a blood borne virus such as Hep B, Hep C or HIV/AIDS
What you need to do:
1. Complete the form (click the button below)
2. Pay $100 non-refundable retainer.
3. Pay remaining fee by 36 weeks (no later or service will be cancelled).
4. Pick up placenta container from me before 37 weeks.
5. Let me know when you are in labour so I can be ready to pick up placenta.
6. Advise me when the placenta is ready for collection (it is your responsibility to store the placenta appropriately until I get there).
7. Birth partner brings the placenta to pick up area at the front of the hospital.
8. Enjoy your baby while I prepare the placenta! (takes 24-48 hours).